14 Creative Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day During Coronavirus
Well, it’s safe to say that Mother’s Day is going to be a bit different this year as we are currently locked inside our homes due to the coronavirus pandemic. With social distancing in place and everything shut down until further notice, many of us will like to get creative and reinvent Mother’s Day traditions.
Here are some suggestions on what you can do to show some extra love on Mother’s Day at home this year, as well as some self-care ideas for moms to stay stress-free.
In This Article:
14 Amazing Mother’s Day Activity Ideas During Quarantine
Don’t have time to read the full article? Here’s a quick rundown of the activities to enjoy Mother’s day
- Breakfast in Bed
- Coupon Books
- Love Coupons
- Printouts for Mother's Day Questionnaire Mother’s Day Playlist
- Homemade Arts and Crafts
- Flowers, Online Gifts, and Takeout
- Write a Letter
- Put Together a Memory Keepsake
- Virtual Tours
- Have Her Favorite Celebrity Send a Shout-out
- Share Love on Social Media
- Virtual Gatherings
- Video Card
- Family Walk or Exercise
Breakfast in Bed: Make mom feel special on this Mother's Day by surprising her with breakfast in bed. An easy, fun way to keep your toddlers engaged and entertained, while cooking up something healthy and delicious for mom!
Coupon Books: Kids can also create a DIY coupon book for mom that’s redeemable for a variety of fun activities, such as painting nails, foot massage, unlimited hugs, or a movie night.
Love Coupons: Need a last-minute gift for mom? Get some printable love coupons online and encourage your kids to give them to their mom. These fun and playful coupons are meaningful and worthwhile gifts to show mom your love on the occasion of Mother’s Day.
Printouts for Mother's Day Questionnaire: Looking for a meaningful gift that the kids will love to give and mom will like to receive? Get a printable Mother's Day Questionnaire online or create one yourself with your kids. Ask your kids to answer the questions, and you’ll be able to see how much they know about you.
Download Mother's Day Questionnaire
Mother’s Day Playlist: Since you can not take mom out to a concert this year, the idea of making a playlist with mom’s favorite songs will definitely be appreciated. Put your efforts into it, and enjoy the playlist with the entire family.
Homemade Arts and Crafts: Since kids are usually not allowed to bring art or crafts made in school to home, you can encourage them to make simple, yet meaningful art creations at home. Some ideas include paper pinwheel, caterpillar craft, pasta necklaces, painted flower pots, or a simple Mother’s Day card made with ink and paper.
- Flowers, Online Gifts, and Takeout: You still have adequate time to order fresh flowers or personal gifts online. Maybe a set of soft and stretchable leggings or comfy slippers will make her day shine. Additionally, if you’re planning to host a special brunch or dinner at home, you can order mama's favorite dish online to make her day even more special.
Write a Letter: If you prefer the old school way, consider writing a letter. This is a great way to express all the meaningful things you did together with your mom. To make the letter even more natural, write down memories you have together and mention the most appreciable things about them. Present the handwritten letter to mom on Mother's Day!
Put Together a Memory Keepsake: There has never been a better time to give her something made with your own hands. Sort through your digital archives, pick some of your favorite family photos, and put them together in a video slideshow or scrapbook as a gift. It's the effort that really counts!
Share Love on Social Media: If both you and your mom are active on Facebook or Instagram, share/tag a photo of you and mom with a heartfelt message. The likes and comments received on this post will surely make your mom smile.
Video Card: Use your smartphone to record special sentiments and share them in the form of video cards on social media. Mom can keep them forever and watch her little one grow throughout the years.
- Order Gift Cards: After those nine tough months of pregnancy, a new mom surely deserves to indulge a little. Give her some gift cards this Mother's Day. At Wobbly Walk, we offer three types of gift cards you can present to a new mom:
Related Post: Mother’s Day Gift Ideas For 2020
Virtual Gatherings: Due to Coronavirus lockdown, many of us will be celebrating this Mother’s Day virtually. Host a get together on WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook Messenger, and let your mom enjoy the online party with singing, dancing, and laughter.
Virtual Tours: Had you planned to take mom somewhere this Mother's Day? You can still explore the world's beauty by taking some of the most popular virtual tours of famous places and buildings from the comfort of your home. Do a quick Google or YouTube search, and you’ll find tons of options for virtual tours.
- Have Her Favorite Celebrity Send a Shout-out: While mom would be expecting a special Mother's Day video message from your end, she'll be amazed if her favorite celebrity sends her a special shoutout. You can try these services to book a video shoutout for her:
What Mom Can Do to make this special day even more special
Sleep: There’s no doubt that the pandemic has drastically changed your sleep pattern. So, try to get enough sleep the night before Mother’s Day and spend a little bit more time in bed in the morning. After all, It’s YOUR day!
- Practice Gratitude: Feeling gratitude and appreciating the good can increase your happiness manifold times. Start writing a gratitude journal this Mother’s Day and write down at least three things you are grateful for daily.