Maternity Bras & Panties Online for Pregnant Women
During pregnancy, it's not only your bump that gets bigger but also your body changes drastically.
Especially your breasts – they suddenly become tense, swollen, and sensitive, making your usual favorite bras tight and uncomfortable.
Additionally, your rib cage expands to make room for the baby, which means your old underwear might not fit you anymore.
According to NCBI, wearing tight clothing during pregnancy can interfere with physical changes and cause discomforts like:
- Aches and pains
- Restricted blood circulation
- Digestive problems
- Yeast infections
- Constricting changing body shape
Pregnancy bras and panties are your lifesavers when you’re undergoing various physical discomforts.
Maternity bras are designed for comfort and support during pregnancy. They feature:
- A soft cotton lining to ensure proper coverage.
- Wider and adjustable straps for maximum support.
- Extra hooks and eyes to accommodate your changing breasts.
- Soft cups instead of underwire.
- Stretchable cups to provide enough room for your heavier breasts.
- Highly breathable and stretchy fabrics to keep you cool and comfortable.
Maternity panties are a special type of underwear designed to offer optimal comfort and support to pregnant women. The best maternity underwear feature:
- An over-the-bump or under-the-bump design
- Built-in protection for unexpected leaks
- An elastic coverage on the backside for support
- Highly sweat absorbent and antibacterial fabric
- Plenty of stretch to perfectly fit your expanding belly
- Soft and breathable material to avoid rashes or irritation.
Benefits of maternity bras
In addition to providing an extra room for breasts, pregnancy bras offer many other benefits:
Ultimate comfort: no swelling, pain, or irritation.
Optimum support: provide your breasts with the much-needed support.
Prevent skin issues: inner soft cotton lining prevents rashes or irritation.
Wider straps: no pinching, digging, bunching, or sliding anywhere.
Keep your breasts in shape: without any underwires or pads.
Flexibility: wear them from pregnancy to breastfeeding.
Smooth nursing: wrong bras can affect milk production.
Convenience: feed your baby without removing the bra.
Good for the baby: minimize the baby's risk of catching breast infections.
Benefits of maternity panties
Comfort: ultra-soft fabrics keep your bump in utmost comfort.
Support: without squeezing your tummy and buttocks.
Prevent skin problems: Help avoid rashes or irritation.
Reduce back pain: take the strain off your lower back.
Prevent yeast infections: Help avoid fungal and bacterial infections.
Flexibility: wear an under-the-bump style even after delivery.
Absorption: soak up sweat and vaginal discharge.
Coverage: over-the-bump style covers the belly completely.
Keep pelvic floor muscles healthy: reduce the pressure on pelvic muscles.
How to measure your size?
For pregnancy bras:
Take your bust measurement: Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your breast.
Determine your band size: Measure the circumference under your bust (bra line).
For pregnancy panties:
Determine hip size: Measure the circumference of the widest part of your hips.
Measure your waist:
Low waist: Measure below the bump, body circumference.
High waist: Measure over the bump, body circumference.
Tips for finding perfect maternity nursing bras
- Stretchy and breathable fabrics that feel soft to touch. Wobbly Walk pregnancy bras are made from 95% cotton and 5% spandex.
- Wider and adjustable straps to ensure no bunching or sliding.
- Easy pull-down nursing access for breastfeeding.
- Wireless, non-padded, seamless design to ensure no pinching and digging
- Extra rows of hooks and eyes for a customized fit.
- Snug, supportive elastic band underneath the bust for a secure fit.
- Cups should adapt to your changing breast sizes.
- Plenty of room for nursing pads to deal with milk leakage.
- Pull-on style for easy wearing and full coverage.
- Inner pockets to keep reusable pads.
- Ideal for sleep, yoga, workout, and everyday use.
Things to consider while buying a maternity panty
Remember the following points while buying panties for pregnancy:
Choose between over-the-bump or under-the-bump, depending on your comfort level.
- To avoid irritation and infection, go for soft, breathable, and absorbent fabrics.
- Look for stretchability to ensure a snug fit without compression.
- Consider the back support as a lot of pressure will be on your lower back.
- Seamless design to ensure no panty lines.
- Easy to put on - no hooks or velcro.
- Determine the right size to ensure optimum comfort.
When should I start wearing a maternity bra?
Start wearing a supportive pregnancy bra as soon as you notice you start to outgrow your regular bra. This generally happens around the end of the first trimester (the 3rd or 4th month of pregnancy).
When should I start wearing maternity support underwear?
You may feel okay in your regular underwear in the initial months. However, as you enter the second trimester, you might notice that your everyday underwear is getting tight and uncomfortable. So it’s a good idea to switch to 100% cotton pregnancy underwear when you are about 4 months pregnant. If you’re a curvy and plus-size pregnant lady, go for plus-size maternity underwear.
Can you wear regular bras during pregnancy?
The short answer is no. For any pregnant woman, it may be tempting to wear a regular bra in a bigger size, but this doesn't work.
Regular bras are usually fashion-centric. They don't have a stretchy top cup, have less supportive, thin straps, and are built using only a single layer of fabric that tends to stretch out over time.
They don't give your breasts the support and comfort they need during pregnancy. Instead, they restrict your breasts from expanding, leading to infectious diseases like mastitis.
Moreover, your everyday bras don't have any nursing access and cannot hold your heavier breasts for longer periods, which is why they are less suitable for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
On the other hand, stretchable bras solve all these problems with pregnancy-specific design and features. Therefore, it is highly recommended you get a few good pregnancy bras.
Other essentials for moms-to-be
Shop Maternity Bras, Underwear & Lingerie Online
Wobbly Walk bras and panties are comfortable and supportive enough to accommodate your changing body shape at each stage of pregnancy. Made from four-way stretchy cotton jersey fabric - our maternity lingerie is ideal for yoga, sleep, workout, and everyday use. And the best thing? All our bras have easy nursing access to ensure effortless breastfeeding after delivery.
Wobbly Walk Maternity Nursing Bra Collection